Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Oatmeal Pumpkin on the Go Breakfast Bars

Oatmeal Pumpkin on the Go Breakfast Bars-
No Excuse Not to do Breakfast each morning! 

Ingredients Needed:
-2 cups rolled oats (I use Bob's Red Mill Old Fashion Rolled Oats)
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/4 tsp kosher salt
-egg (beaten)
-1 over flowing cup of pumpkin (pure Pumpkin, NOT pie filling)
-1 to 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon (I use a little extra)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
-1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
-1.5 cups milk, soy milk, almond milk (I used skim the first time, trying with soy milk light next)
-1 tsp vanilla
-1/4 cup raisins (optional) (I use 1/2 cups because I love raisins)
-1/4 cup nuts (optional) (I used chopped pecans, going to try walnuts and almonds)
-1/4 cup white chocolate chips (optional) adds a hint of sweetness

Instructions: 
-Preheat oven 375*
-Combine dry ingredients
-Combine wet ingredients
-Pour wet ingredients into the dry, Mix Well
-Bake for 30 minutes, or until center is set


Let cool! Cut into squares and enjoy!  I pop mine in the microwave, add peanut butter and enjoy with coffee!  You can also add berries on top or whatever else you can come up with.

Recipe share with me by my Betty Crocker BFF Cortney! 

No comments:

Post a Comment